Business Analyst/Product Owner HR and Payroll Specialist Edinburgh, UK.
Contract type: Permanent, Full time
Start date: Immediate
Attaining a holistic understanding of the rules surrounding how our customers pay their staff is essential for us to guarantee 100% accurate payroll.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to lead the requirements gathering process and act as a Product Owner around our customers complex payrules, translate them into actionable epics, user stories & scenarios for our development team, and prioritise them into our Backlog, in-line with internal and external stakeholders’ needs.
You will be working closely with: i) our customers’ HR and payroll departments to ensure your understanding of their pay rules is correct, ii) our product and implementation managers to ensure that they are kept informed about progress, and iii) with our agile development team to help clarify requirements during the planning, development and testing phase.
The position will involve some national and possibly international travel as our global reach increases and is perfect for someone who is business minded with a strong problem solving personality.
The role will include, but is not limited to:
- Attending Kick off meetings with implementation managers to discover and define clients’ payrules, absence and workforce management requirements.
- Eliciting payrule requirements using (where necessary) interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases / user stories, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis. Delivering the following artefacts as needed: User Stories, Use Cases, Flow Charts and Business Requirements Documents.
- Validating, refining and clarifying payroll scenarios.
- Owning the payrules backlog and user stories.
- Supporting the planning, execution and management of project deliverables.
- Defining Acceptance criteria for the developers and assisting with testing.
- Educated to Graduate Level or equivalent experience.
- A project management qualification is desirable.
Required skills and experience:
- The ideal candidate will have widespread and proven experience of requirement elicitation within a complex and changing domain, across a number of different verticals.
- Ability to create accurate technical documentation for developers, covering all edge cases and scenarios.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to engage with a customer at all management levels.
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills with the ability to demonstrate experience of managing stakeholders across IT and the business at different levels of seniority
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Project management experience, preferably in an Agile environment
- French, German or Italian language skills are an advantage.
- Appreciation of: the latest legal/regulatory and compliance issues and requirements around payroll , or a working knowledge from a Workforce Management, HR or payroll environment would be beneficial.
- Ability to learn different employment regulations across multiple countries and jurisdictions
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to quickly switch focus depending on business demands.
- A well organised, outgoing, positive thinker, with consistent levels of evident enthusiasm
- A love of problem solving and desire to understand the effects of fringe cases
- Has high personal standards and promotes them in others
- Demonstrates a great attention to detail and a methodical approach to work
- Great communication skills with the ability to discuss difficult situations with ease
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch - We would love to have you in our team.