Contract type: Permanent, Part time - 25 hours per week spread over 4/5 days
Start date: Immediate
To prepare quarterly Scottish Grant returns
Daily updating and reconciling of cash books to SAGE and Company bank accounts
Monthly preparation and calculation of sales invoices and emailing to customers; reconciling to SAGE
To prepare detailed information required for Statutory Audit.
To ensure that the business is compliant in respect of all duties and taxes due to HMRC; that returns are submitted and due dates are met.
Managing and processing all invoices and payments to suppliers, with consideration to due dates and cash flow.
To provide administrative support to Financial Director, Payroll Team & Directors
To provide HR/Payroll support by completing routine Human Resource tasks.
You will also be responsible for routine HR /Payroll tasks such as processing time sheets and conducting return to work meetings.
The person we are looking for must fully understand double entry book-keeping, have a high level of competency with Excel including pivot tables and lookups.
You must also be comfortable and experienced with an accounting package such as SAGE or XERO.
List of Tasks
- Processing AP that requires analysis on a departmental and/or periodic basis.
- Suppliers Payments – Creating BACS/Sameday Payment Files for submission & approval
- Cashbook Lodgments and reconciliation.
- Processing overseas Invoices – FX Exchange EURO/GBP,ICO cost analysis, Reverse Charge Issuing of FX Payments, Reconciliation of Control Account & Diff in Exchange Rates.
- VAT Group Vat Return
- Reconciliation of VAT Data to SAGE, calculating vat due, reverse charge and vat irrecoverable. Preparing and submitting returns. Reconciliation of vat control accounts. Issuing payments to meet HMRC payment deadlines.
Period End Accounts: Prepayments & Accruals.
- Data to meet period end deadlines. – General Prepayments and Accruals.
- Year End Accounts: Prepayments & Accruals. YE Lead Schedules
- Preparing Detailed Information Required for Statutory Audit. To provide clear & concise schedules to ensure the reliability and validation of all aspects of the aforementioned accounting functions.
- Archiving - Electronic Archiving of all invoices/demands & support documents, financial statements, bank payments etc. in an orderly & retrievable manner.
- Preparing Credit Card statement - Tying up receipts with statements & entering in SAGE
- Raising Purchase Orders & maintaining the Control Sheet
- Preparing sales invoices and emailing to customers
- Taking calls from suppliers chasing payments & advising FD
- Reconciling statements with Sage
- Head Office Expenses/Private Mileage for payroll complete with supporting paperwork.
- Various mini projects Directors & General Manager ie Booking Hotels, Tickets, on-line payments, ordering consumables etc