This opportunity coupled with exposure to work that is at the cutting edge - in an environment that champions creativity and thought leadership - makes for a career enriched with learning and achievement.
ShopWorks are expanding rapidly as a result of the growth in the workforce management market and our success in winning some great enterprise customers. See
We create bespoke workforce management and staff scheduling solutions for operators in the retail, leisure and hospitality sectors. We provide this via a cloud-based, SAAS model and are now on version 3 of our platform, which has evolved to efficiently deal with the demands of a “bespoke SAAS” model.
We were one of the first companies to adopt Laravel in the UK and are active in the London and UK Laravel community. We are based in Farringdon, Central London and we think Shopworks is a great place to work with a great culture which you can learn about here.
If you are an experienced and detailed software engineer, with a passion for coding, agility, quality, and continuous improvement, we want to hear from you.
This position will require you to follow a Test-Driven Development approach to software delivery and include all levels of automated tests within your development pipeline. This means we expect you to be able to write optimized and testable code and grow our existing set of automated tests: Unit, Integration, End-to-end tests.
Successful candidates will also have great
• 3+ years of software development and best practices. • Object-Oriented PHP within a Modern MVC framework (Ideally Laravel, or Symfony).
• Great experienced in Unit testing, PHPUnit.
• Good experience with Eloquent/ ORMs and Migrations.
• Hands-on experience with Design Patterns and APIs.
• Able to effectively review other developers code and contribute with constructive feedback on code style, naming and design decisions.
• Good knowledge of git workflows and comfortable using advanced git command line tools (rebase, bisect).
• Good experience using modern front-end technologies like ES6,
• Good experience with MySQL / MariaDB.
• Excellent communication and team collaboration.
• Hands-on experience working with Lean/Agile software development practices.
• A proven history of delivering fully automated tests for web applications or SaaS platforms.
• Experience with Acceptance Tests Driven Development approach is a plus.
• Experience working in workforce management product is a plus.
BS degree in Computer Science or similar.